Its the end of the work week for many and I hope everyone has been well and did their best to practice mindfulness each day. I also hope that you didn’t dread each day looking at the clock and calendar until the weekend arrived so that you could escape work. Earning a living should be something you approach at with a positive attitude and if you can’t achieve that, well maybe find a situation that does. We all have the power to control the environment we find ourselves in, it’s up to you to recognize this and act on it accordingly.
Well, the pep talk is now done so here is my challenge for you this weekend….. Do something Beyond The Usual! Remember the word explore doesn’t just apply to going out into nature, explore your habits and you act or react on a daily basis.
- Hike a trail you have never done before
- When was the last time you rode a bike
- Visit an art gallery, library or seen a live play
- Reach out to actually meet someone you interact with regularly online
- Take your camera and capture an image that speaks to you and then post it with the story behind it
- Budget every dollar you spend on the weekend, reflect on those purchases and how they made you feel
- Donate something in your house that you haven’t touched in 6 months to the local thrift store
- Visualize how each of your actions affect the environment, from what you buy to what you recycle
Have a great weekend and let me know if you did something you haven’t done in awhile or tried something for the first time.