All the topics you read at Mindful Explorer speak about working purposefully to achieve our goals in life. To achieve these goals we need a good foundation and they are my three pillars to good health.
Three Pillars to Good Health
Goals are important but have you thought about making sure your foundation for achieving these goals is in place?
The Foundation of the Three Pillars To Good Health
- Body – Fit and healthy . A person that is outdoors regularly via hiking or cycling as common examples provides us with the simplest access to exercise. As we all know the more we exercise, the healthier we become. It then creates less chance we will become sick or be stricken with many of the health issues facing North American societies.
- Mind – Positive outlook and free from stress. Spending time outdoors frees us from the stresses and negative stimuli that we confront on a daily basis. Our minds need the time to be in a calm state and not feed bad energy into our body. Relaxing in a quiet outdoor location allows our minds the chance to reflect on our path to mindfulness which creates a strong mind that can mitigate stressful situations more easily .
- Fuel – Provide your body and mind with good energy sources. Like an engine, humans can only produce based on what we put into them. Let us then focus on eating healthy whole foods keeping as much processed and junk foods out of our systems as possible. Control the sugars we subject ourselves too , looking to natural sources for our sweet cravings such as fruits. In addition to food we need to feed our find with nourishment. We can accomplish this by reading and learning continually , by avoiding stressful situations and by practicing mindfulness.
Make a pledge to yourself to start improving your pillars so that what you build upon your foundation doesn’t come crashing down. There is no better time to make this pledge than tomorrow on April 7th which is World Health Day . This year WHO is focusing on diabetes as the health awareness topic and our newly created pillars puts us on track to battle this disease.
Cotopaxi are friends of the Mindful Explorer and they stand proud behind World Health Day. What will you do for yourself on World Health day and to bring awareness to others and inspiring them in the process?
Tag #GearforGood for Cotopaxi or #MindfulExplorer for me in your social media feeds so we can follow along with you tomorrow and don’t forget to use #WorldHealthDay .
Visit Cotopaxi – #GearforGood – They create innovative outdoor products and experiences that fund sustainable poverty alleviation, move people to do good, and inspire adventure.
- What is your favourite activity outdoors?
- What do you do to calm your mind?
- What is your favourite topic to read and learn about
I look forward to joining you as you strengthen your pillars and leap into action on April 7th.
Regards ~ Chris ~ The Mindful Explorer