Passing by ancient old growth forests and through the Beaufort Mountain range you descend into Port Alberni. Here you will arrive along the deep saltwater Alberni Inlet located on the traditional lands of the Nuu-chah-nulth First Nations.
Here in the Alberni Valley, a region rich in natural and cultural history, it is easy to find a sense of place and connection. I always enjoy my time visiting which is actually quite often to experience the likes of Mt Arrowsmith, Mt Cokely or Minna Ridge. Sometimes it is to hike the local waterfalls or visit Rogers Creek Nature Trail. All of these visits put a smile on my face as nature is such a powerful influencing factor on my happiness and state of mental health.
Of course culminating any of my outdoor trips they are taken full circle by visiting many of the local food establishments. A strong sense of happiness as the warmth and smiles of the locals who own, operate and work at these businesses make my experience complete. Please take a moment to visit one of my recent assignments with ZenSeekers on how to make your own smile filled experience with the following link; Port Alberni Will Take You To Your Happy Place
WHEN YOU GO
- Half the adventure of visiting the island is getting there! There are many ways to travel to Port Alberni, from car to plane to boat.
- Visit Harbour Quay on a Saturday to check out the Spirit Square Farmer’s Market, open year-round from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Make Port Alberni your base for hiking, wildlife and Indigenous culture experiences – read more on how to #ExplorePortAlberni.
Start planning your adventures in Port Alberni, watch for the new visitors guide on stands now or visit the website at Alberni Valley Tourism.
Search #ExplorePortAlberni for more inspiration and be sure to tag #ExplorePortAlberni while exploring the region as you could be featured on their social media channels with your own most instagrammable moments.
Uncover more about what the Port Alberni region’s offers for adventure. Check out these Port Alberni and area blog posts here on Mindful Explorer from waterfalls and food to alpine hikes while visiting the region.
- Port Alberni Waterfall Day Hikes
- Minna Ridge : A Vancouver Island Day Hike
- Port Alberni : Come for the Adventure, Stay for the Food
- Top Tofino Road Trip Must Do Stops
Disclosure: This post was published in partnership with ZenSeekers
For other road trips and travel destinations check out my Mindful Explorer Road Trip Page . As well I am always grateful for a follow on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter where I share more frequent photos and stories daily.